Laine Magazine No. 17 - Here Comes the Sun
It's time for Laine Magazine's delightful summer issue! Issue 17 - aptly named Here Comes the Sun - feels like the first tender rays of sun after a long winter, and features 11 inspiring summer knits accompanied by fun and quirky photos to create a happy, relaxed mix with a subtle vintage feel.
In this issue you will find:
- 11 original knitting patterns by: Julis Disini, Rastus Hsu, Elena Solier Jansa, Pauliina Leisti, Veronika Lindberg, Marie Régnier, Jacquline Rivera, Lene Tøsti, Maija Vasala, Pope Vergara and Thea Vesterby, including 4 pullovers, 3 cardigans, 1 top, 2 shawls and 1 pair of socks.
- An interview with French designer and debut author Cinthia Vallet, known for her charming knitted animals. Cinthia talks about her design process and the joy that toy-making can bring to adult knitters.
- An article about an Australian sheep farmer who shepherds a flock of Finnsheep 15,000km from their homeland.
- Jeanette Sloan's regular column Fibre Talk: in this issue she meets Lissy and Rudi Robinson-Cole, a couple making crochet art inspired by their Maori heritage.
- Päiva Kankaro's regular column Five Ways: in this issue Päiva gathers experts' tips on how you can start designing your own knitting patterns!
- Seasonal recipes, book reviews
Laine is a high-quality Nordic knit & lifestyle magazine for knit folks. Laine cherishes natural fibres, slow living, local craftsmanship, and beautiful, simple things in life. The intention is to inspire you to gather and share, to be part of a community of like-minded knitters, makers and thinkers from near and far. Knitting is more than just knit, knit, purl. It is a feeling.
Laine includes patterns from the leading knitwear designers, insightful, long-format stories from the world of wool, interviews, seasonal recipes and strong, visual storytelling.