PRE-ORDER - Laine Magazine No. 19 - Kaolinite
PLEASE NOTE: This magazine is available to pre-order. Publication date 8th December. All other items ordered at the same time will be sent with the book in the same parcel 1-2 days before the publication date.
In Laine 19 - titled Kaolinite - we celebrate the meditative nature of crafts. The beautiful, serene photos were taken in a ceramics studio, and the patterns offer a relaxing break from the everyday.
In this issue you will find:
- 11 original knitting patterns by designers Alexandra Atepaeva, Jennifer Brou, Maxim Cyr, Ronja Hakalehto, Helga Isager, Pauliina Leisti, Agata Mackiewicz, Yukie Onodera, Marie Régnier, Jacqueline van Dillen and Veera Välimäki, including 4 sweaters, 1 cardigan, 1 slipover, 1 waistcoat, 1 skirt, 1 shawl, 1 hat and 1 pair of socks.
- an interview with the Japanese artist Tomomi Mimura, who uses basic darning stitches to embroider charming animal characters.
- an article about the American sheep shearer Pony Jacobson, and why this age-old craft is vital both for sheep’s health and the textile industry.
- Fibre Talk with Jeanette Sloan - a regular article on Jeanette chatting with interesting people. In this issue, she meets Sari Monroy, a fibre artist and writer who draws on her Mayan Kaqchikel heritage.
- Five Ways by regular writer Päivi Kankaro, who explores what kind of skills knitters should practise to increase their brain health.
- Seasonal recipes, book reviews
Laine is a high-quality Nordic knit & lifestyle magazine for knit folks. Laine cherishes natural fibres, slow living, local craftsmanship, and beautiful, simple things in life. The intention is to inspire you to gather and share, to be part of a community of like-minded knitters, makers and thinkers from near and far. Knitting is more than just knit, knit, purl. It is a feeling.
Laine includes patterns from the leading knitwear designers, insightful, long-format stories from the world of wool, interviews, seasonal recipes and strong, visual storytelling.